The District Rajnandgaon Chhattisgarh came into existence on 26th Jan’ 1973, by way of division of District Durg. The state was ruled by Somvanshis, Kalchuris and Marathas.
The originally named as Nandgram. The Palaces in the town of reveals its own tale of the rulers, their society & culture and the splendid tradition during that time.
The contribution of Gajanan Madhav Muktibodh, Padumlal Punnalal Bakshi and Baldeo Prasad Mishra in the field of Hindi literature has a special mention.
The District Kawardha was later bifurcated from the District on 1st July 1998. The District is in the central part of Chhattisgarh. The District headquarter is on the Mumbai – Howrah line of south eastern railways.
this is a city in District, in the state of Chhattisgarh, India. As of the 2011 census the population of the city was 163,122. district came into existence on 26 January 1973, as a result of the division of Durg district.
The National Highway 6 (Great Eastern Road) also passes through the town of Rajnandgaon.
The city was ruled by a dynasty of Hindu caretakers (mahants), who bore the title Vaishnav and Gond rajas (chiefs). Succession was by adoption. Its foundation is traced to a religious celibate who came from the Punjab towards the end of the 18th century. From the founder it passed through a succession of chosen disciples until 1879, when the British government recognized the ruler as an hereditary chief and it came to be known as princely state of Raj Nandgaon. Afterwards conferred upon his son the title of Raja Bahadur. The first ruler Ghasi Das Mahant was recognized as a feudal chief by the British government in 1865 and was granted a sanad of adoption. Later the British conferred the title of raja on the ruling mahant